Unlocking the Value of SEP Patents with Comprehensive Searches
Where Expertise Meets Excellence
SEP (Standard Essential Patent) constitutes the core of our technical expertise.
Why Choose Us for SEP Related Search
- In-Depth SEP Searches
- SEPs Across Industries
- Global Reach:
- Legal Expertise
Gain new insights by changing your perspective. Leverage our expertise and advanced strategies for your SEP-related searches.
- In addition to standard class and keyword methods, we delve into literature by key inventors and assignees in both patent and non-patent domains.
- We also investigate relevant Japanese patent art, including related F-Terms (Japanese native classes).
- If traditional methods yield limited results, we conduct unrestricted searches to gather leads involving potential inventors, assignees, or classes.
Opposition Grade Search
The other is more crucial – which we often term as ‘Second-opinion’ search. It comes into role when the first opposition filed by the client or any other third party failed to invalidate/ revoke the target patent.
- For an opposition grade analysis – we have attained special success through our in-depth knowledge of patent laws and making strong technical/ logical arguments for the cases that improves the efficacy of the shared evidences (patent/ non-patent).
- Beside the published evidences – we are quite handy in forming logical solution using Art 54(3) art – which requires perfectly analysis of the priority documents to prove substantial support for overlap.
SEP Portfolio Assessment
Also, many a times – the client just shares a target corporate and the specific target technology (4G, 5G, AV1, VP9, AAC, MPEG, Matter IoT) with us and thereafter we identify and categorize the target portfolio accordingly.
- Such study comprises the broadest claim considered, the relevant standards identified, infringing section of such standards and comments on how they logically tend to overlap with the claimed elements.
- Afterwards, we finally provide a comment on essentially (Yes/ No) with proper analyst reasoning (in case of NO – the claimed elements that could not be located in any of the standards will be mentioned).
SEP Claim Chart
- In one our challenges over Matter Standard (IoT connectivity) portfolio, we found it difficult to claim chart the identified patents against the Matter standard specifications (as the text in Matter is very short and not that elaborative).
- To solve the riddle, we scrutinized through the programs (source codes written in the Matter specs) to build a logical mapping. Eventually, it paid off when we got the appreciation from the client over our experiments/ imagination.
Next Generation Standard Feasibility
The main intent here to check feasibility of a set of patents (shared by client) over the next generation technology (e.g., 5G/ NR) which already have been mapped over a specific technology (e.g., 4G). If feasible, then all such 5G standards and their infringing sections are mentioned.
- While working on a recent such case, we achieved a milestone of checking essentiality of over 120+ patents over 5G in around 100 hours (even less than 1 hour per patent).
Standards we have been involved with
SEPs analyzed for essentiality checks
Subject Matter Experts in SEP Team
Hours served on analysis related to SEPs
Worked on Standards
From the Desk
Related reads experienced, earned and written by the people at work.
The future of telecom is here – 6G
In the world of telecommunications, it is all about 5G right now but just around the corner is the revolutionizing 6G standard which is currently being developed.
Mastering SEP Monetization
Expertlancing, a trusted IP consultancy firm, was brought in to provide strategic solutions and help our client manage their SEP-related challenges effectively.
How analysis of a provisional application led us to a killer prior art for a 5G technology patent?
As we undertake challenging projects related to 5G and telecom SEPs, we often come across certain scenarios that leave an indelible impression.
Leveraging SEP Expertise
In the fast-paced world of technology, Standard Essential Patents (SEPs) have emerged as a critical aspect of innovation. Our client, a leading telecommunications company, faced a daunting challenge.
Searching the complex world of standards – Finding a needle in a haystack
When we talk about standard searching, the first question that comes to our mind is...
Let our Experts take care
Get in touch with one of our Experts to gain the most of our solutions